David Baltuch conducts diverse groups of choristers and musicians (professionals, semi-professionals and amateur music-lovers). He has conducted a children’s choir, a female choir, a chamber choir and several symphonic choirs. He has conducted orchestras of young and adult amateurs as well as orchestras of young and accomplished professionals. These orchestras were string or symphonic orchestras.
In addition to his regular conducting activities with his ensembles, David Baltuch has initiated international projects, which comprise orchestral workshops in Belgium, France, United Kingdom and Russia. He has also conducted the Black Sea Philharmonic (Romania). With the American pianist James Raphael, he concertized in Romania and Belgium, and recorded a double CD produced by Thalassa Records. David Baltuch has conducted the Belgian choir La Royale Chorale Uccloise and the British choir Hailsham Choral Society in a series of concerts in Belgium and the United Kingdom. Finally, he recorded the CD Maskarada, produced by Crammed Discs, with the celebrated Romanian Gypsy ensemble Taraf de Haïduks.
His passion for the phenomenon of orchestral conducting and the role of the conductor has led David Baltuch to explore this subject in his doctoral thesis undertaken at the Birmingham Conservatoire (Birmingham City University, Birmingham UK).
David Baltuch studied choral conducting with Pierre Cao (master classes, Namur, Belgium), Peter Broadbent (master classes, Association of British Choral Directors, London, UK) and Bernard Tétu (master classes, Floreffe, Belgium as well as Lille, Lyon and Paris, France). He studied orchestral conducting with Patrick Baton (orchestral conducting degree, Conservatoire Royal de Liège), Robert Janssens (orchestral conducting degree, Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles), Dominique Rouits (orchestral conducting degree, École Normale Alfred Cortot in Paris) and Benjamin Zander (London Master Classes, UK).
David Baltuch completed his doctoral thesis under the supervision of Liz Garnett, Peter Johnson and Ronald Woodley at the Birmingham Conservatoire (Birmingham City University, Birmingham UK).
The concerts performed by David Baltuch as choral and orchestral conductor include:
- Stabat Mater by A. Dvorak, Saint-Jacques Church of Liège (Belgium), 05/04/2002.
- Sinfonia Concertante for violin and viola KV 364 and Requiem by W.A. Mozart, Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles (Belgium), 13/05/2006.
- Carmina Burana by C. Orff (version for 2 pianos and percussions) in a staged performance, Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles (Belgium), 05/02/2011.
- Coriolan and Egmont Overtures, Symphony Nr 5 and Romances for violin and orchestra by L. van Beethoven, Saint-Anne Church of Waterloo (Belgium), 25/03/2011.
- Symphony Nr 2 by G. Mahler (transcr. H. Behn et D. Baltuch for 2 pianos, double bass and timpani), Hôtel de Ville de Forest (Brussels, Belgium), 10/11/2012.
For a complete list of courses attended, diplomas earned and concerts performed by David Baltuch, please refer to his academic CV (Home-Accueil > Personal (English) > Academic CV).